[linuxtv-softmpeg] Which video card will work?

softmpeg sounds exactly like the kind of thing I would want to use, but I just can't get it to go.

The problem actually doesn't seem to be with softmpeg - it's more to do with DirectFB. I have an NVidia MX440 card which does not have a VESA2.0 compliant BIOS. As a result, I can't get DirectFB going.

I am looking for an alternative card. Any recommendations for particular models that are known to work with DirectFB + softmpeg?

I guess, the alternative question is, any ideas on how long before softmpeg can use xv / xvmc to render video?

Thanks,

Peter.

--
"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."