[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Which video card will work?

Hello,

* Niklas Peinecke <n.peinecke@web.de> [20040309 08:33]:
> >I am looking for an alternative card. Any recommendations for particular
> >models that are known to work with DirectFB + softmpeg?
>
> I have tested libsoftmpeg with two ATI Mach64 cards, one without TV out
> one with TV out. Both worked ok (haven't done much testing, yet). These
> cards do not need active cooling and you can get them for about 5-10 EUR
> at ebay.
>
> Nevertheless, it doesn't work with an x-server simutanously (atyfb clash
> with X driver). You need a different boot setup.

did you try using XDirectFB?

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine!
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the