[mpeg2] Re: Hello [which card do you recommend ?]

"Andreas Mixich" <sp.amix@gmx.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am new. My name is Andreas.
>
> I plan some nice machine, running under Linux, that enables me doing  lots
> of digital video stuff. I plan:
>
> · watching DVD movies from the DVD ROM
> · watching DVB through a SAT-DVB card [PCI]
> · recording the DVB to SCSI
> · cutting out the commercials from the DVB video-streams
> · playing back from SCSI
> · perhaps have a DV hardware codec
> · I want all decoding/encoding to happen on a general  purpose  PCI  card,
>   for exactly these tasks. I do  not  want  to  use  one  card  for  MPEG2
>   decoding  and one other card for video-capture. [As it looks ATM, I will
>   only have three PCI slots  available,  one  for  the  DVB  one  for  the
>   audio-system  and  one  for  the MPEG2 stuff, Gfx-card might be a Matrox
>   450DH with 16MB,AGP]

You are probably on the wrong list. This list is about the Kfir MPEG2 encoder.

For the machine you intend to build, a Siemens/Hauppauge DVB PCI card would
certainly help. Have a look at http://linuxtv.org/dvb/siemens_dvb.xml. DVB
issues are discussed on linux-dvb@linuxtv.org.

yours sincerely

Martin Springer
--
Whatever you're up to in the next twenty-four hours, I hope it's profitable.
(Richard Quest, BBC)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index