[mpeg2] Re: Hello [which card do you recommend ?]

Martin Springer wrote in a Mail about "Re: [mpeg2] Hello [which card do you
recommend ?]":

You wrote:

> You are probably on the wrong list. This list is about the Kfir MPEG2
> encoder.

So, this list is about the PCI board offered on linuxtv.org.

But:

I also wrote "general purpose MPEG2 solution" and about the _Kfir2A_ chip.
(I know, that the current board uses the Kfir1)

DVB also uses MPEG2. The reference design for the Kfir2A  (and  they  say,
there  is   Linux   support,   on   their   www   page)   has   some   DVB
connector.....Don't know exactly what that  does  and  how  it  works  and
which card could use that. As far as I am informed, the Kfir2A is defintly
offering all I'd need.
I realize, that this list is not about the Kfir2A
But since this list  is  the  only  place  I  know  of  where  Kfir  Linux
development  is  happening,  I  am  hoping  to find more info on this list
sooner (if something new happens with the Kfir2A) then elsewhere. :-)

> For the machine you intend to build, a Siemens/Hauppauge DVB PCI card
> would
> certainly help. Have a look at http://linuxtv.org/dvb/siemens_dvb.xml.
> DVB
> issues are discussed on linux-dvb@linuxtv.org.

Thanks, I already habe been there. But I'd want a general purpose card.
AFAIK the older Siemens models (that had a hardware codec) only can stream
their own data through this codec, but not process  DVD  and  DV  or  even
Analog-Video. Tell me if I am wrong (I'd be gladly ;-))

Though, I am not a developer, I hope to be in place at time if something
serious happens with Kfir/Linux (in full hope on the Kfir2A).

Good bye,
--
Andreas
<sp.amix@gmx.net>