[mpeg2] Re: KFir driver fixes

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> OK, to get to the point, the Kfir no longer worked in this board and I
> finally had my own "always locking up"-case to play with :-)
>
> I played a little with the timing during the Altera loading.
> Much to my surprise, increasing the delays made the problem go away
> although the CPU is 30% slower now.
> Now the card works. I also tried it in different slots. In one of them
> it even shares IRQs with several cards and on-board chips.
> The Altera loading process is a lot slower now but I hope my changes
> will make it work for other people too.
>
> Get the new version from the CVS archive at http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs
> I also made some other changes, e.g. changing saa711x to saa7113
> (SAA7113 is also defined in the newer kernels i2c-id.h file now).
> So, take care to change your module configs or other config files you
> might have set up on your system.

Ok, I took the new version, and tried it:
While the old driver worked fine at least in the configuration
a have managed to find, _now_ the system locks up with the new
driver version !
I switched back to 0.8.1: works.

doesn't seem to be the proper solution for all boxes...
Gruesse,
  Oskar
--
Oskar Schirmer
Friedlaender Weg 53, 37085 Goettingen, Germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index