[mpeg2] Re: ADSPCodeLoad failure continued

Hi,

	I have also tried all the way you have done but it still not
work... :-(

	Moreover, I have also disabled the USB in the BIOS setup (actually
I never enable it, and re-compile the kernel with USB disabled), but still
the same problem.

	One thing I want to ask Frank, has your card worked before? Have
you successfully encoded a mpeg file before? If so, what is the setting
and what version of driver you use at that time? Also is the problem of
ADSP loading failure related to the On/Off of USB in BIOS?

Regards,
goldfish

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Frank M. Siegert wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how the ADSPWriteAddress and ADSPWrite/ReadData
> interface works? I worked under the assumption that you need to
>
> 1. first write in the address using ADSPWriteAddress
> 2. then fetch data with ADSPReadData or write data with ADSPWriteData
> respectively.
>
> So I included a small for loop in the code that a) reads the complete 16bit
> wide address space, it was all 0xffff , writing anything using the
> WriteData call does not change anything, in fact ADSPReadData always
> returns 0xfffff.
>
> I disabled everything I could in the BIOS and removed any extra PCI
> hardware from the system, except for the AGP videocard. Still its fails to
> load the ADSP MC.
>
> I included udelays (tried 3,5,10) in the ADSPCodeLoad function for every
> WriteAddress and Read/WriteData, still a NoGo.
>
> I checked and rechecked the md5sum of the ADSP microcode, its fine.
>
> I checked that the ADSP file was loaded in memory ok, before it was dumped
> into the ADSP, this worked ok.
>
> Kfir/Altera Microcode is loaded ok, only the ADSP_KfInit fails - I would
> sort of understand if it does not work at all but this partly working state
> is annoying.
>
> What options do I have left?
>

> *** Frank M. Siegert, frank<at>this.net, frank<at>wizards.de
> *** WWW @ http://www.this.net/~frank * http://www.wizards.de
> *** Get my PGP key: http://www.this.net/~frank/newpgpkey.asc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index