[mpeg2] interrupted streams

Hi,

Christian Wolff writes:
 > This way i could restart the netstream app without stopping
 > the recording. And i could confirm that the streams, once they
 > broke, didn't start playing again.
 >
 > Since the first file is 850 MB, the next one recorded for 800 MB
 > without problems (i stopped the _03_ file manually) and after that
 > it went down to less and less time before it stopped, ending at
 > 50 to 100 MB per file, regardless of restarting the computer,
 > is uspect a thermic problem of the card.
 >
 > Did anyone else have problems like that after recording an hour
 > or more?

I converted 3 45 minute epsiodes of a TV series in a row today.
I used 6 MBit so that the files were just below 2 GB each.
I did not encounter any problems but I'll run some more long time
tests tomorrow.

Since the problem persisted after reboots in your case I would
also suspect a problem with temperature.
Maybe you can confirm this by having an extra fan blowing
on the card?

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index