[mpeg2] Problems with Kfir drivers and newer kernels

Hello all

I was curious to see if anyone has had any troubles with the kfir drivers
and new kernels (say 2.4.3 and newer?).  I had it working OK with 2.4.1, but
now on 2.4.7 and 2.4.9 the videodev object shipped with the kfir is quite
different than the kernel one. I just opted to use the kernel one instead
and modifed kfir.c to pass an extra argument that was required for a
register video device call.

With this setup, I am able to play back the first MPEG that I capture.  If I
ctrl-c and capture another one, the capture seems to work, but the resulting
MPEG2 is all garbled / blocky and usually crashes my mpeg2 decoder.  If
anyone has seen this or has any suggestions, they would be greatly
appreciated.

Mark

Mark Cuss, B. Sc.
Junior Real Time Systems Analyst