[mpeg2] Re: Total frames in LibMpeg3

Dave Smith wrote:

> I am using LibMpeg3 v1.3 in an application that reads MPEG2 files. My
> application needs to use the function "mpeg3_total_frames", but on a
> multiplexed vob file, the result is, to quote the source code, "a gross
> approximation". I have seen this value vary from -30000 to around 70000. It
> obviously doesn't work correctly all the time. Is there a better way to find
> the number of frames in a multiplexed vob file, or should I consider a
> different Mpeg2 library.

The last time I had a look at libmpeg3 it was only able to handle packet
sizes of exactly 2048 bytes. This is wrong for the KFir encoded
material. It leads to seeking around in 2048 chunks without finding the
correct starting point in the file. The Holtzman's decoder or dvdview or
videolan is much better.

#frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index