[mpeg2] Re: Problems with Kfir drivers and newer kernels

> >With this setup, I am able to play back the first MPEG that I capture.  If
> > I ctrl-c and capture another one, the capture seems to work, but the
> > resulting MPEG2 is all garbled / blocky and usually crashes my mpeg2
> > decoder.  If anyone has seen this or has any suggestions, they would be
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> I rmmod/insmod kfir every time I want to make
> a capture.  That seems to alleviate the problem.

Interesting, I don't have this problem at all.  I can capture hours and hours without
insmod the module.

I do have some trouble with blockiness in playback when switching between
vcd mpegs and kfir mpegs - but I just reload the mpeg2 player (xine) and
play just the file I want to see - and no problems with blockiness.

Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index