[mpeg2] Re: O.K. I am lost ... kfir.c and newer kernels (2.4.7)

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:36:44PM +0900, Naohiro Shichijo wrote:

>   I tried the same way as you did. I added one parameter (0) at video_register_
> device function call. My situation is, insmod is OK, encoding seems not working
> but when I tried to rmmod. it said segmantation fault. I didn't investigate
> further. Linux kernel is 2.4.12, Kfir is obtained with cvsup.
>
> BTW, what is the latest kernel version, which supporsed to be working with
> Kfir?

I have it working fine with 2.4.9, using the stock driver with nothing
but the video_register_device change.

On some hardware (single board computer with a VIA Apollo chipset), insmod ->
encode -> rmmod works well. On other hardware ("Relience Computer
CNB20HE"), insmod -> encode works, but rmmod oopses. But as the encoding
always works, I'm not unhappy.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index