[mpeg2] kfir and linux 2.4.XX

Ralph Metzler writes:
 > Which parameters did you set exactly?

Because of the confusion with vidinmode/vidoutmode I've tried all
combinations:

With a PAL source, I did the following combinations:

# /sbin/insmod kfir.o
# dmesg
saa7113: status=81
kfir: decoder status=7
# cat /dev/video0
<ctrl-c>
# /sbin/rmmod kfir
# /sbin/insmod kfir.o vidinmode=0 vidoutmode=1 loaded=1
saa7113: status=81
kfir: decoder status=7
# cat /dev/video0
<ctrl-c>
# /sbin/insmod kfir.o vidinmode=1 vidoutmode=1 loaded=1
saa7113: status=81
kfir: decoder status=7
<ctrl-c>
# /sbin/insmod kfir.o vidinmode=1 vidoutmode=0 loaded=1
saa7113: status=81
kfir: decoder status=7
# cat /dev/video0
<ctrl-c>
# /sbin/insmod kfir.o vidinmode=0 vidoutmode=0 loaded=1
saa7113: status=81
kfir: decoder status=7

 > The last time I tried it was with a 2.4.10 kernel on an ASUS KG7 with
 > 1.4GHz AMD Thunderbird and it worked without problems.

OK, some questions for you:

Which kernel did you use: vanilla Linus distribution, Redhat (with alan
cox patches etc), SuSe etc ?

Which compiler did you use ? egcs, gcc 2.96, gcc 3.00 etc [I'm using
redhat and gcc 2.96 has caused problems in the past].

Are you using the i2c stuff that came with the kernel or from the
kfir distribution?

Thanks,

Andrew
Andrew Thomas                  | DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in this
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories   | message are personal and do not represent
1501 Page Mill Road  MS 1U-17  | the opinions of Hewlett Packard Co.
Palo Alto CA 94304-1126        |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index