[mpeg2] Re: kfir and linux 2.4.XX

Jason D. Justman writes:
 > I doubt the problem you are having is related to any of the i2c components.
 >
 > I have a highly dprink'd version of the driver that i use when im trying to
 > figure out that the crap is going on, and where my machine locks up.  If you'd
 > like, I can send it to you.

Have you got the card to work at all ? If so, can you give me some
specific details:

Which kernel did you use: vanilla Linus distribution, Redhat (with alan
cox patches etc), SuSe etc ?

Which compiler did you use ? egcs, gcc 2.96, gcc 3.00 etc [I'm using
redhat and gcc 2.96 has caused problems in the past].

Are you using the i2c stuff that came with the kernel or from the
kfir distribution?

On what hardware (processor and chipset)?

 > Generating a 0 length file is probably due to you telling the SAA7113 to decode
 > NTSC, but create a PAL datastream (or something like that).  There are 2 format
 > options that are DIFFERENT due to the definitions in the v4l headers..
 >
 > I think its like vidinmode=0 vidmode=1 or something similar are the flags you
 > want to use.

I've tried all possible combinations of vidinmode/vidoutmode (see my other
message to Ralph :-()

Andrew
Andrew Thomas                  | DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in this
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories   | message are personal and do not represent
1501 Page Mill Road  MS 1U-17  | the opinions of Hewlett Packard Co.
Palo Alto CA 94304-1126        |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index