[mpeg2] Re: kfir and linux 2.4.XX

Interesting.  I have a spare fan lying around, and will see if that makes any difference.

I have my doubts tho, because it appears that some of the irq handling code is flakey or
intermittent.  almost as if in some cases it stops copying from the plx becuase its in the
section of code called 'irq loop'.  In most cases,  the kfir->recording turns 2, and that
stops the datastream..  (look at lines 1824)  If i had an API for the kfir, i could
determine what's causing kfir->recording to change from 1 to 2..

I haven't played with it in a week, so maybe its time to start hacking around again.
jason

Lawrence Gold wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 08:32:14PM -0500, Jason D. Justman wrote:
> > I have gotten the card to work sporadically on a Via kt7 (duron 650) motherboard with
> > USB support turned off.  It will sometimes capture NTSC for about 10 seconds, and then
> > produce a datastream which my decoder is unable to process.
>
> I had a similar problem where the card could capture a minute or two of
> video but thereafter it would be screwed up.  The solution was to attach a
> 486 fan to the kfir chip.  I was able to buy one from Radio Shack for 5 or
> 10 dollars.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index