[mpeg2] Re: One line disturbance in picture

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I have just installed my new MPEG2 encoder card and connected it to
> my Sky Digibox. I was immediately able to create a recording with
>
>   cat /dev/video > 001.vdr
>
> and VDR was able to replay it. However, there is a one line disturbance
> in the picture, some centimeters above the bottom edge. I have uploaded
> a screen shot to ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/x.jpg in case somebody
> would like to take a look.
>
> Does anybody know what might be causing this - and how to avoid it?

Meanwhile the people at BMK electronics were kind enough to send me
a replacement card (arrived here over night - now there's some customer
service!).

However, much to my disappointment, the problem is the same with this
second card. So I guess I can safely rule out a problem on the card itself.

Now the question is: what could cause a disturbance like the one shown
in ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/x.jpg ? One would assume that a single
line of video can only be disturbed _before_ the MPEG encoding - but then
again the problem would have to be on the MPEG encoder card, wouldn't it?

I also swapped the MPEG encoder card with one of my DVB-S cards, so that
it got a completely different interrupt, but that didn't change anything.
The encoder has its very own interrupt. Here's my /proc/interrupts:

           CPU0
  0:     320699          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:        681          XT-PIC  serial
  5:       6054          XT-PIC  kfir
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
 10:     119693          XT-PIC  saa7146(2)
 11:     516886          XT-PIC  saa7146(3)
 12:     728978          XT-PIC  eth0, saa7146(1)
 14:       5515          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          3          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

If anybody has an idea what else I could test or change to get this thing
to work, I'd appreciate that very much.

Klaus