[mpeg2] Re: One line disturbance in picture

Bram Stolk wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> I would say you have a good chance on a working setup
> if you would try my versions of module+microcode.
>
> Just install a 2.4.18 kernel and get my binary module.
>
> You can keep multiple kernels on your box, so you do not
> have to remove your current kernel.
>
> The stuff I have at
> http://www.stolk.info/kfir/
> is known to work.

Ok, I'll try that.

Just one more, maybe stupid, question: what's the best way to get
and install a new kernel? So far I've always just used the kernel
that came with the SuSE distribution and never bothered getting
one myself. Maybe you could point me in the right direction here...

Klaus