[mpeg2] Re: Porting kfir for kernel 2.6

Anssi Hannula wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Anssi Hannula wrote:

The easiest-to-solve possible problem is the parameters module sends to Kfir. I had to alter them sligtly because they made some floating-point arithmetics, which can't be used in kernel code.

To see any differences in module behaviour, I attach two patches, one for 2.4 (against cvs) and an other one for 2.6 (rev3). They produce verbose output whenever parameters are downloaded to Kfir. Please test them both with the same module parameters (debug=1 included), do cat /dev/video0 > x.x and get the debug output from syslog. Parameter may be reported multiple times in the log, post everything.

Logs attached.

Sorry, of course just the critical line was linewrapped, and didn't match my regexp search-replace.
Do the same with these patches.
Logs attached.

Klaus