[vdr] Re: keys: Very slow response to "recording"

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:09:33 +0100, alfred.zastrow@t-online.de (Alfred
Zastrow) wrote:

> Bad hint,

No, real experience. ;-)

> I used to run my vdr machine with 32 MB Ram succesfully - without any
> delays and without any problems on an K6-2/400.

What version of Linux were you used to run on your vdr machine. Mine ran
fine with 128 MB and Linux 2.4.0. After setting up a 4 DVB machine with
raid and reiserfs it was nearly unusable with multiple concurrent
recordings and playback. Even disabling the X-Server didn't help. After
installing another 128 MB everything is fine now.

> I think Rainers installation is messed up.

No, the delay with the recording menu was experienced by a lot of
people. Just go back in the archive.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index