[vdr] Re: LIRC and System-Crash

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:19:47 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> > What kind of Video card are you using? I noticed system crashes with a
> > GeForce 2 card when TV out is the primary display. I had to disable
> > "console blanking using APM" in the kernel configuration.
> No - there is nothing special in this System (expect from the 6HD and the =
> 3 DVB-S)
>
> APM is off !
>
> Is it possible that this is a Problem with the 2.4.0 kernel (it=B4s the fi=
> rst 2.4 kernel...)
>
> Perhaps should i upgrade to SUSE 7.2 with a higher Kernel number ?

On my server with a similar configuration I run SuSE 7.1 with a 2.4.4
kernel. This system is much more stable than the previous 2.4.0 kernel.

Last week I installed SuSE 7.3 on a client which works fine with newest
VDR and DVB drivers, too. I will upgrade the server soon.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index