[vdr] Re: LIRC and System-Crash

> axelgruber3@gmx.de(Axel Gruber)  19.11.01 21:29

> Once upon a time Axel Gruber shaped the electrons to say...

> Since when?
> Did it ever run?
Yes - only with 4 HD=B4s :-)

> If yes, when last OK?
> When does the error occur the frist time?
> How often does the error occure?
> Steps to reproduce?

> What did you change ? ;-)
Add a 3 DVB-CARD
Add a Promise DMA66Controler (IDE) and 2 Harddrives

>>6* IDE HD

> DMA problems?
Perhaps - but if i have DMA-Problems i should see it at messages ? - not ?
I had DMA-Problems at a other machine some time ago - then ther often the =
IDE bus was reseted and i saw
Error-Messages in the logfile...

>>3* DVB-S (2new 1old)

> c or 2 Nova? (Just to be sure)
No nova !

>>1* Home-MADE LIRC Device

> Which of the several?
> seria,parport ?
Serial !

> Checked your /etc/syslog.conf?
> I know that there are systems out that do not log all....
> but see below.
No - i will take a look !

The problem is that it=B4s totaly "sporadisch" - the machine runs 1 Week w=
ithout any problem and then i have=20
2 shutdowns at 1 Day....

I had exactly the same probleme on my MAINVDR-Machine with a Promise UDMA1=
00 Controller for more then 4 Harddrives  - since i have removed it i have=
 no more Problems.....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index