[vdr] Re: LIRC and System-Crash

axelgruber3@gmx.de(Axel Gruber)  20.11.01 13:43

Once upon a time Axel Gruber shaped the electrons to say...

>> axelgruber3@gmx.de(Axel Gruber)  19.11.01 21:29

>> Once upon a time Axel Gruber shaped the electrons to say...

>> Since when?
>> Did it ever run?
>Yes - only with 4 HD=B4s :-)

Ah ;-)
Only a minor change ;-)

>> If yes, when last OK?
>> When does the error occur the frist time?
>> How often does the error occure?
>> Steps to reproduce?

>> What did you change ? ;-)
>Add a 3 DVB-CARD
>Add a Promise DMA66Controler (IDE) and 2 Harddrives

Uups. I remember that there was once a problem
with a special IDE controler chip.
Ask "groups.google.com" if this is yours.

>>>6* IDE HD

>> DMA problems?

>Perhaps - but if i have DMA-Problems i should see it at messages ? -
>not ?

Why not?
If the IDE driver is locked in a dead lock, waiting for
a transfer that will never occur, it is not im possible that
the system reacts to other interrupts
like those "sporadic" from lirc.

>I had DMA-Problems at a other machine some time ago - then ther
>often the = IDE bus was reseted and i saw
>Error-Messages in the logfile...

It's hardware. Never rely on hardware reacts always the same
way.

>>>1* Home-MADE LIRC Device

>> Which of the several?
>> seria,parport ?
>Serial !

Ok, assume that it is totally uncritical.

>The problem is that it=B4s totaly "sporadisch" - the machine runs 1
>Week w= ithout any problem and then i have=20
>2 shutdowns at 1 Day....

Depending on which (two) disc is(are) used?

>I had exactly the same probleme on my MAINVDR-Machine with a Promise
>UDMA1= 00 Controller for more then 4 Harddrives  - since i have
>removed it i have=  no more Problems.....

Ask google. I think you will find an answer. (And report what
the solution was, if...)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index