[vdr] Re: LIRC and System-Crash

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:43:04 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Add a 3 DVB-CARD
> Add a Promise DMA66Controler (IDE) and 2 Harddrives

I also had problems with an on-board Promise controller and kernel
2.4.0.

> I had exactly the same probleme on my MAINVDR-Machine with a Promise UDMA1=
> 00 Controller for more then 4 Harddrives  - since i have removed it i have=
>  no more Problems.....

Same here, I would recommend to upgrade to at least a 2.4.4 kernel.

I use a Gigabyte 7ZXR Rev. 3.0 mainboard with onboard Promise Raid
controller. With 2.4.4 kernel I hadn't a crash with 7 disks for a long
time.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index