[vdr] Re: LNB freezes...

gfiala@s.netic.de(Guido Fiala)  26.12.01 10:06

Once upon a time Guido Fiala shaped the electrons to say...

>Did anything right then -> has to be a hardware problem.
>For now it's gone as i have +3 ° again...

>>>my LNB is currently exposed to ... or icicles at the satellite *g*
>>
>> Hm, i don't think that those will break anyway just by channel
>> switching ;-) (Or do you have a motor dish?)

>No, no, i was just kidding meaning the satellite itself

;-)  -273 Degrees Centigrade is could enough..

>- it's so cold up there: You know the physics experiment
> with horizontal and vertical metallic stripes letting only
> one polirization through - well if the icicles are all horizontal... ;-))

Maybe? Water are Dipols and we know from our microwave oven
that water inacts with microwaves...or big snow crystals?

(How urban tales starts ;-))

But, serious, there once were LNBs where a motor turns a little wire
horizontal or vertical...if that is frozen?

But: If this would not work, you'll have no receiption at all
on the other polarization  or see the wrong channels.

>> Often receivers (like VDR) are able to add an extra frequency offset
>> to all channels.
>> Maybe your LNB is a little bit "out of tune" now because
>> of the temperature and this offset ma help?

>Is there a paramter to do this?

Maybe
MANUAL:
  LnbSLOF    = 11700     The switching frequency (in MHz) between low and high LOF
  LnbFrequLo = 9750      The LNB's low and high local oscillator frequencies (in MHz)
  LnbFrequHi = 10600     (these have no meaning for DVB-C receivers)

??@Klaus?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index