[vdr] Summary: Errors with 2. DVB Card

Hello,

thanks to everybody who responded to my queries.

Here's a short summary of what went wrong.

Actually I had two problems:

1) I had an old channels.conf with lines like:

Das Erste:11837:h:0:27500:101:102:1:28106
                                  ^
this stands for (see FORMATS):

  - Conditional Access (0 = Free To Air, 1 = can be decrypted by the first
    DVB card, 2 = can be decrypted by the second DVB card)

So vdr thought, this channel cannot be viewed on the 2. card.

2) I had IRQ problems. I changed the cards in the PCI slots quite a lot,
and I got everything from: system completly hangs when loading the
drivers, over: vdr refuses to talk to the card and hangs hard (only kill
-9 works):

vdr[7870]: probing /dev/ost/frontend1
vdr[7870]: ERROR (dvbapi.c,3033): Operation not permitted

to: vdr talks sometimes but sooner or later panics.

After a lot of experimenting (and sacrificing a pcmcia card)
I got a working configuration with each DVB card on a single interrupt
(IRQ 9 and 5).

thanks again, juergen

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover

Home | Main Index | Thread Index