[vdr] Re: Display scanning while access recordings

Emil Naepflein wrote:

>IMHO, we don't have a used cpu time problem here. Look at the above
>results. The find for the complete filesystem was finished in less than
>a second. The video subtree is normally much smaller, but a lot of
>people have noticed that it takes sometimes several seconds to display
>the recording menue.

2sec (cache up to date)  vs. 26sec (after waching a recording some
minutes) in my case.
Currently there are 390 recordings on Maxtor 5400rpm disks, 4 video
partitions, K6-2@400.

Almost half a minute really does reduces the joy of zapping through the
recordings ;-(
But its still much better than tapes!!! :-)

Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index