[vdr] mplayer

high!

tonight I tried to install the mplayer support in vdr. first, I got the
 - newest mplayer release 0.60 (do I need CVS?)
 - the newest ffmpeg (from CVS)
 - the win32 codecs (corresponding to the 0.60 version of mplayer)

In libavcodec/utils.c I moved the line
  register_avcodec(&mpeg1video_encoder);
outside of the #ifdef as told in docs/DVB. and configured/compiled
mplayer. then I stopped vdr and tried to start mplayer from command line:

  mplayer -vo mpegpes -nosound -vc mpegpes file.mpeg

That's what mplayer says:
  Detected MPEG-PS file format!
  VIDEO:  MPEG1  352x264  (aspect 1)  24.00 fps  718.5 kbps (89.8 kbyte/s)

so I tried

  mplayer -vo mpegpes -x 352 -y 288 -nosound -vc mpegpes file.mpeg

In both cases the tv screen became black while replaying the file and
then switched back to the last viewed channel.

Is there anything wrong in what I'm doing? Did I forget something?

Thanks in advance

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de