[vdr] Re: problems with AC3overDVB with Yamaha A1

> Hello people,
>
> now that I have a 75ohm cable for digital-audio, I find that AC3 over DVB
> still does not work here. Replay of a ac3-recording shows the same
"fs=44.1k
> PCM" I usually get with a Audio-CD-player. Live playback of non-ac3 gives
> "fs=48k PCM" in the display of the amplifier (Yamaha A1)

Maybe you have the same problem as I with my Sony receiver.
The DVB can't output a real AC3 stream, only PCM-Data.
But there is a adittional standard that describes how an AC3-Stream
can be wraped in PCM-Packets. The problem: Sony (& co) and standards :-(

you can try this:
http://www.modernrecording.com/articles/soundav/link46.html
if it doesn't work, too, I would say you have (nearly) no chanche to get
that working.
I've bought a Winfast 4x Soundcard now, and it works fine.

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index