[vdr] Re: Picture viewer

Dave Chapman wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 10:47, Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
>>The DVD player also needs to enforce the display of a single I-Frame.
>>There is a class called cIFrameAssembler in the DVD patch, that extracts
>>a single I-Frame from a MPEG-2 stream. The extracted I-Frame is then
>>pushed into the driver by cDVDplayBuffer::SendIframe().
>>This method works on both, the orignal and Klaus's patched driver versions.
>>Maybe the same method could be employed for VDR editting and the still
>>picture viewer.
>>

> Apologies if I misunderstand your code, but you don't seem to use the
> VIDEO_STILLPICTURE function, but you send the frame to the card "normally".
> Is that correct?

yes, I do mostly the same thing as the VIDEO_STILLPICTURE ioctl is doing
internaly. I just make sure, that no matter how large the i-frame is,
400kbyte of picture data are sent to the card. The VIDEO_STILLPICTURE
ioctl also works some magic on the i-frame, which at least for the DVD
type i-frames is not needed.

>>From what I can tell, if Klaus changed his code to replace his call to
> VIDEO_STILLPICTURE to use your SendIframe code, then the problem will be
> solved.

Maybe, but it could also be, that the above mentioned "magic" is needed
for his i-frames. You have to try ...

Andreas

> Sorry, I can't test it at the moment - I don't currently have a working VDR
> installation.
>
> Have I understood correctly?
>
> Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index