[vdr] Fwd: How to convert *vdr to *avi

Hi all,

After some of the earlier postings regarding vdr->avi convertion I tried to
crunch some movies without success.
Maybe someone can give some helpfull hints.
I'm using:
	PII/300/256MB
	Kernel 2.4.0-Suse (i know it's old but 2.4.18 is/was worse ;-) )
	MPlayer 0.60
	lame 3.89 alpha
	mad-0.14
	a52dec ?
	divx4linux
	vdr-1.0.0 + AIO
	dvb-0.9.4-2002-03-16
	wine-20020310
The problem is the convertion process.
For test purpose I restricted myself first to a single vdr file. I could remux
it via PVAStrumento.
 With MPlayer I can play the vdr file (006.vdr / last of the movie) directly
using:  mplayer -ao alsa5 -vo vesa -aid 0 -vfm 5 -framedrop 006.vdr
(vdr is running so I don't use mpegpes...)
framedrop/hardframedrop/noframedrop is just makeing differences in the movie
performance, but I will get  a picture (poor, but it's there).
Now I try to convert:
mencoder -oac mp3lame -vc ffmpeg12 -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=msmpeg4:vbitrate=1800:vhq:keyint=50 -aid 0 -o 006.avi 006.vdr
(ffmpeg12 is reported by mplayer when playing 006.vdr)
When I try to play the resulting AVI in mplayer it reports there is no video
stream. The size anyway seems to contain video and mencoder is also reporting
the size and bitrate of the video stream when finished encoding.

Have I overlooked something?

regards	Peter

P.S. Ive also tried the parameters of the earlier postions (divx4) with the
same result (no video stream)