[vdr] Re: delete recording that's actually recorded

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > I'll try to come up with a solution for this over the weekend (well, time
> > permitting).
> >
> > The basic idea I'm having is to extend the timer's "day" parameter so
> > that for a periodic timer one can define the first date on which that
> > timer shall record, as in
> >
> > 1:2:-----S-@2002-02-16:2205:2335:50:5:Wochenshow:
> >
> > The "magic" is in the "@2002-02-16" following the usual "-----S-",
> > which could be read as "start at 2002-02-16.
> >
> > A function to temporarily disable a timer could then simply add the "@..."
> > part with a date for the next day. The "Edit Timer " menu will be extended
> > accordingly to allow defining this parameter.
>
> Much simpler, while less powerful, would be the following idea:
>
> vdr actually requires that weekdays use the correct letter.
> So MT----- is correct, but TT----- is incorrect.
> I believe all current software that generates timers.conf
> entries does this anyway.
> Now, we can simply disable a periodic timer for one shot by
> allowing one more character in each colum.
> For example, IT----- means "Inactive only this Monday".
> On all days except Monday, vdr can automatically replace
> an I in column 1 with an M,  On all Days except Tuesday,
> vdr can automatically replace an I in column 2 with a T, etc.
>
> Would that not be a lot easier to implement?
>
> Carsten.

Actually VDR doesn't care at all which characters you use.
This is necessary to allow the use of language specific
characters. You could even program a timer using ABC-DE-
and it would record on MTW-FS-. The actual information is
in the fact whether a certain position contains a '-' or not.

So I'm afraid your suggestion won't work.

Besides, I also want to have a way of disabling a periodic timer
for a certain period of time, in case a series pauses for several
days or weeks. Or for instance to be able to program an all new periodic
timer on wednesday, which is supposed to record Mo-Fr, but starts only
next monday.

Klaus