[vdr] Re: Two VDR, any experiences

Hello Axel,

as my first real contact with linux was the vdr project, my
question maybe a newbie kind.
As I am going to add a second DVB-S card to my vdr box your
following statement looked quite interessting to me.

> In the Livingroom i have a VDR with several Cardīs and
> Harddrives connected to a second SERVER with aditional
> harddrives wich is under the roof (dachboden)
>
> at the (dachboden) i have a aditional  VDR-Machine with 2
> Cardīs running 2 Different VDR-Instances - one for the
> "sleeping-Room" and one for the Office.
Does this mean you run two primary cards (each one with full
control via IR)? If so, how could this be done? Does one
IR-receiver (via lirc) work for both cards?

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index