[vdr] Re: Does DVB-S fit into Shuttle SV24?

Hello,

>> How much noise does the fan make?
> Very far too much. It's as noisy as my server, nothing at all for the living
> room. Because this and the single short PCI slot I recommend not to use the
> Spacewalker as VDR. Don't forget it's not cheap either.

I have bought one SV24 and 5 SV25 last month (for business-use ;) ) and
I have to say, the SV25 isn't that noisy anymore (only the outtake-fan
could be replaced by a Papst-fan). The SV25 also supports Tualatin cores
which the SV24 does not (a pity if you only get these CPUs nowadays).

Right now I am waiting for the successor (arrival this week ?)
See yourself: http://www.spacewalker.de/english/mcs_detail_info.asp?number=182,
which support P4-CPU/DDR and should be (at least on paper) more silent
also has 2 PCI Slots (upright) (wonder how they are doing this.)

I will inform you about the VDR-possibilities...

But anyway, this is a really nice PC !

Some words on the price: SV24 EUR 275, SV25 EUR 295, SS50 EUR 386
( + tax, maybe a bit more or less, a lot more makes a big win for your
dealer ;) )

Greetings,
 Juergen
 mailto:juergen.scherer@gmx.de