[vdr] AW: Problems with DVB-card's 22kHz-Signal

more than 1 year ago i had those problems too, so i took a ozsiloscope and checked the signal and recognised a great differece between the signal of my DVB-s and my Nokia-Receiver
i tested with 2 LNB´s (Grundig Twin, Alps Single) DVB-S with Grundig was a real problem, so i didnt use Grundig anymore, if you buy a new LNB ask for the option to change if the brand you get is not working with your DVB-s(i found that hotbird VIVA Polska, NBC, Onyx is good for testing)

> My both DVB cards can't tune the high band in horizontal polarization
> (vertical high band tunes okay, so there is a 22kHz signal).
> I tested my
> sat-equipment with my neighbour's receiver, everything worked
> fine. Then
> I recently found a posting in last year's vdr-archive about a similar
> problem with a weak 22kHz signal. But I found no satisfying
> solution for
> it, except of buying another card and hope for a working one.
>
> How could I check, if the 22kHz signal is okay? What are the
> tolerances?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index