[vdr] Re: Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:35:09AM +0200, Andreas Roedl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am Montag, 6. Mai 2002 23:34 schrieb Manfred Schmidt-Voigt:
> > I am not speaking for SUSE, but again, it is a comercial company and they
> > want to sell their products. And one of their channels to sell the
> > distribution is the ISO file on CD.
> >
> > If they agree with copying ISOs they could put them also on their FTP
> > Server as the normal FTP distribution (or via NFS). So, what do you think
> > why they don't provide the ISOs via internet?
> >
> > Hey, don't think that the life is free!
>
> Sorry, but this is bullsh*t! Of course it is allowed to copy and share the ISO
> images of a SuSE distribution! Make up your mind and try to understand the
> Open-Source philosophy!

You have to remove all comercial software and demos before making the ISO image
or you've to talk to the appropiate companies as we've to do this before putting
this package onto the distribution.  And you may read COPYRIGHT and COPYRIGHT.yast
included on CD1.

           Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index