[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> Alessio Sangalli wrote:
KS> >
KS> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
KS> >
KS> > > source files for. What I already am planning to implement are generalized
KS> > > classes for "players", "osd" and "status monitors" (the latter is intended
KS> > > for the LCDproc patch, for instance). The goal at the end is to allow additional
KS> > > functions to be added to VDR through totally separate plugins, which no longer
KS> > > need to patch the core VDR souce code.
KS>
KS> We'll get to font selection later. This may well be something that can go
KS> directly into the core VDR code.

maybe this is already somewhere on your TODO list, so I just want to
mention it:

there are several languages using non-latin letters
 - tere are some for which font files could be easily created
   (like cyrillic and greek)
 - and some which are much more complicated
   (like chinese or arabic)

if someone is going to reimlement (a part of) the font selection in vdr,
maybe at least the first block of languages could be covered.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain