[vdr] Re: DirectFB, OST, VDR-Console ?

You wrote:

> However, you can use every normal viewer like xawtv for getting what's
> on the output of the TV-out. Just start it before you start VDR and it
> should work.

Yes, I think I will do something similar. As it seems I will write my
own menuing system and add an own v4l module to it so it embedds into
the rest of the app. Controlling vdr should be straight forward via
SVDRP.

> You can probably write your own viewer and try to get the OSD somehow.

Yep. You reference the OSD as something that I can "get" is "slow and
buggy". So I assume this is some feature stuffed into the hardware of
the DVB cards ? Or is the OSD solely VDR's work ? Is there an external
API to the OSD ?

> Sure, that would work.... in 5 years when computers are fast enought to
> decently compress MPEG2 in realtime while doing all the rest.

Hehe, lol, okay I will wait then ;-)

> But what you can do is to simply set your DirectFB to the line
> frequencies of CCIR and simply use a relay to switch between both of
> them.

No techie here. Do you mean two analog streams mixed and fed into one
TV-In (of the TV)

> That really would be good. Maybe an extended terminal with some simple
> graphics operations like drawing borders and changeing color.

What do you mean ? If one can run ncurses on it...

> > Or a little different: Send messages over the SVDRP.
> > Father via ssh from his home-office: "Okay, kids, it's time for bed",
> LOL.
>
> Ohh I think this works already.

Sending test-messages to the OSD ?
What I have done is to set a script entry in the menu. It says:
"Hello World!" YAWN.

--
Bye, Andreas

http://www.gmx.net