[vdr] Re: automatic channel scan

Christian Berger wrote:
> > maybe just ask the user (after some input from him, else the question
> > will be displayed on an switched off TV ;-)) ) that vdr found new
> > channels, if it should add them to the channel list. The user could then
> > sort them where he wants them to be. But I think we then need a
> > blacklist too, automatically containing all "by hand" deleted channels,
> > so that it doesn't detect deleted channels again...
> Maybe we should handle this a bit like e-mail. We put all not stored
> channels into a seperate file, with a date when they first appeared.
But then you have to scan for new channels daily...

> Then whenver there are new channels since the last time we looked at
> that list, we display a little notice in the channel dialog. But by no
sounds good.
but maybe present the complete list of not already listed channels to
the user. The user can then take them over to the main channels.conf or
put them on a deleted list, so they do not reappear in next scan.

> means we should make any pop-up dialogs or something since that might
> interfere with video recordings to tape and other things.
ok.

> Hey, maybe a stupid idea, but when you play-back a video or a DVD the
> tuner is kinda idle, isn't it. Would it be possible to scan the EPG
> data, as well as for new channels then?
agreed.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index