[vdr] Re: since vdr-1.0.x a lot of restarts in record mode

At 23:40 05/06/02 +0200, you wrote:

> >The following patch solves the problem by throwing away the buffer
> >contents when it is full: you get a glitch in the recording, but I
> >don't see how this can be avoided if the encoder is too slow:
>
>Yepp.
>Call Doc Einstein and dilatate the time?
>Drop entire images/frames?
>Turn sound off to make the error not hearable too?
>Use more buffers in the hope, that the next frames will be
>easier to encode?

Compress to a smaller frame size and/or lower data rate. That makes the
compression work faster.

>PS:
> >The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
> >or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> >privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this
>Would you please be so kind to save the valueable bandwitdh
>of the list servers by removing that real funny, old fashioned,
>but totally useless "footer"?

I f***ing know. It's f***ing crap, isn't it. Corporate policy imposed by a
bunch of Cobol programmers.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or
distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
The views expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of
The PCMS Group plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any
instruction contained.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index