[vdr] Re: Can't use horizontal channels...

Am Fre, 2002-06-14 um 15.49 schrieb Jan-Martin Raemer:
> Hi!
>
> You (Steffen Koch <Steffen.Koch@sphinx-electronics.de>) wrote:
>
> > Jan-Martin Raemer wrote:
> > >add the Switch behind the existing:
> > >
> > >Sat --~5m--> Switch1 --~15m--> Switch2 --~1m--> VDR
> > >             |-> other Receivers
> > >
> > This doesn't work. You would need 4 sat cables between the two switches
> > and some device to select the right polarization/band for the other
> > switch, because the switch assumes that the inputs are fixed hor/low,
> > hor/hi, vert/low, vert/hi.
> >
> > Thats why switches won't work with quad-lnbs with integrated switch,
> > except if you have this device to switch the first switch.
>
> Ok. So I'll have th split the cables... I have an Quad-LNB, do I need
> all 4 cables if I only need the digital channels?
>
> > sounds a bit confusing, I think. ;-))

I didn't test that myself, but as I know most digital programs on ASTRA
are only in the high-band. So if you don't need the low-band, you could
skip the to cables for low/vertikal and low/horizontal between LNB and
multi-switch if you don't have low-band-channels in VDR's channel.conf.

Check if you multi-switch can handle this. But you won't be able to
receive channels in the low-band anymore (like analogue TV).

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index