[vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Berger" <einStein@donau.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 7:12 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

> > > Well the typical users of VDR want to get a decent image at a low
cost.
> > > Composite gives you a horrible image at a high cost. Just imagine it,
> > > most composite monitors cost more than 10 Euro!!!
> > >
> > what is the name of the planet you are from? ;) ... oh yes, monitors
usually
> > cost more than 10 Euros, yours (with RGB-input) must have fallen from
some
> > truck or something ;-) SCNR
>
> I don't know where you get your monitors from, but I get them used from
> schools. I've gotten a 1541 for free.

What do you mean with "monitor"? A PC-monitor, tv-set? how big? i doubt that
a school (no matter how rich they might be) gives away 32" or 28" tv-sets
for less than 10 Euros ... if yes, post the adress, i want one too ;-)

> > The typical VDR-user takes a cinch-cable connects it to a scart-adapter
> > (because the majority of tv-sets don't even have composite) and his/her
> > dvb-s-card. This results in a great picture ... finish!!! calling it
> > horrible is just not right.
>
> You have never seen RGB, have you?
On my pc-monitor: everyday
on a tv-set: not yet

> > Question: what is this RGB-thingy? ... i've seen many tv-sets ... none
of
> > them had RGB-input...
>
> Well over 99% of all TVs with a Scart connector have an RGB input. RGB
> is what TV-sets have internally so it's easy for manufacturers to add
> it. I think in france manufacturers were even forced by law to do so.
> (somewhere in the 80s)

ok

Sebastian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index