[vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

Sebastian Herp schrieb:

> [...]

The 1541 from Comodore is a monitor which can be universially used. It's
about 14" in think, that's the largest size practically useful for me.
(I have limited space). However the quality of the CRT is as good as the
one in low-cost CRT monitors and therefor somewhat better than normal
14" TV-sets. But look at e-bay, you might find some large sized TV-sets
with RGB for little money.

> > > The typical VDR-user takes a cinch-cable connects it to a scart-adapter
> > > (because the majority of tv-sets don't even have composite) and his/her
> > > dvb-s-card. This results in a great picture ... finish!!! calling it
> > > horrible is just not right.
> >
> > You have never seen RGB, have you?
> On my pc-monitor: everyday
> on a tv-set: not yet

Virtually every TV-set in europe has an RGB input, it's the Scart
connector.

> > > Question: what is this RGB-thingy? ... i've seen many tv-sets ... none
> of
> > > them had RGB-input...
> >
> > Well over 99% of all TVs with a Scart connector have an RGB input. RGB
> > is what TV-sets have internally so it's easy for manufacturers to add
> > it. I think in france manufacturers were even forced by law to do so.
> > (somewhere in the 80s)
> >
> ok
>
> Sebastian

Servus