[vdr] Re: AW: Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

news@jstriegel.de schrieb:

> Gerhard:
> > > What is sent or received via this cable depends on the source-signal sent
> > > and the setup of the SCART device-connector. No point in sending RGB-signal
> > > via SCART-cable from DVD-Player to a S-Video-SCART-socket in the TV. Got it?
>
> Nearly. I've got a rgb source on scart, let's say my high quality dvd player. I've got a full featured scart cable and a tv set that has a rgb-scart input. Just connect and ready? Any control lines to switch?

Well usually yes, the DVD-player will pull "blanking" high and that
means that the whole image is RGB.

> Christian:
> > RGB: Blanking, enables you to use RGB only at some parts of the image
> >        it was originally meant to provide the possibility to super-
> >        impose text. It's also used to sense RGB-input
>
> That's interesting. How is this sensing made?

Well it can be seen as an alpha-channel. Whenever you are scanning part
of the image which should be done over RGB this line is high (TTL levels
usually are allowed). So when you want to completely switch over to RGB,
you simply connect it to a voltage higher than about 1 V

> > The normal video and audio signals are bi-directional and full-duplex.
> > The other signals are not.
>
> This should be: separate lines for input and output for video and audio (the upper and lower pin lines). Correct?

Well this depends on how you hold them. But I think you understood it.

> Juergen

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index