[vdr] Re: VideoLAN problems

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:11:22PM +0200, Jørgen Tvedt wrote:

> > > beta.
> > > error:

> it.
> > >
> > > Same thing here, after I installed the Moonlight player. Try to
> unregister
> > > the Moonlight filters, with the installer and reregister the Elecard
> filters
> > > and dvbrtp.ax. But after this you can not use MediaPlayer to play the
> > > stream.
> >
> > I deinstalled and unregistered the Moonlight UDP Streaming Player and
> filters.
> > Then I installed Elecard MPEG2 Player (v1.35) and registered it's filters
> > (I also reregistered dvprtp.ax).
> > If I try to open the URL "moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp" with the Elecard
> > MPEG2 Player I get this error: "Cannot play back the file '' it has
> unsupported
> > format". If I try to open the URL "rtp://224.0.1.2" I get the error
> "Unsupported
> > type of internet service: 'rtp://224.0.1.2' ".
> > Some suggestions what I could try? Do I use the wrong URL?
>
> After this you can no longer use Media Player to play the stream, but you
> should
> now be able to play the stream with "Dvbpl". Try to play with "Channel |
> Channel 1"
> not with "File | Start". If you reregister the Moonlight UDP Streaming
> Player filters
> you can no longer use "Dvbpl", but you should be able to play the stream
> with
> "moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp" (This is stream/channel 1 one)

OK, I have uninstalled everything from elecard / moonlight.
I gone into the dvbpl-directory and started register.bat again.
Then I started dvbpl and choose Channel/Channel 1.
Now the titlebar of dvbpl shows also "- Synchronizing", but it
gets never a synchronization.
The "- Synchronizing" of the title bar is about 3 seconds visible,
then it is for about 0,2 seconds away before it returns for 2 sec.
again. For me it is looking as dvbpl has a timeout of 3 seconds
for syncronizing, then it restarts syncronizing, is that correct?

A few days ago I got MediaPlayer working, but video and sound
had a delay of about 10-12 seconds!

So if the timeout of dvbpl is only 3 seconds, there can't be
got syncronization ever.

I think the too short syncornizstion-timeout is the problem that
with DVB-s cards some channels are not working.

Markus (developer of dvbpl):
Could you please set the timeout for syncronization up to ~15 seconds?

> > (I have done:
> > export DVBVL_DEST="224.0.1.2"
> > export DVBVL_PORT="5004"
> > /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth1
> > before I started vdr and streaming.)
>
> I don't know about this, I don't use it. But I think it makes sense to use
> export DVBVL_PORT="5002" (not 5004), since this is the port you try
> to read from on the client. Have you tried with out the exports and the
> route?

OK, I set DVBVL_PORT="5002" now.

best regards
Martin Neuditschko