[vdr] Re: VideoLAN problems

Am Son, 2002-07-07 um 21.07 schrieb Martin Neuditschko:
> [...]
[schnipp]
> I gone into the dvbpl-directory and started register.bat again.
> Then I started dvbpl and choose Channel/Channel 1.
> Now the titlebar of dvbpl shows also "- Synchronizing", but it
> gets never a synchronization.
> The "- Synchronizing" of the title bar is about 3 seconds visible,
> then it is for about 0,2 seconds away before it returns for 2 sec.
> again. For me it is looking as dvbpl has a timeout of 3 seconds
> for syncronizing, then it restarts syncronizing, is that correct?
it's that way:
the player registers the sourcefilter dvbrtp.ax in a filtergraph and
tries to render the filtergraph starting at the output pin. if the
sourcefilter does not get any usable data within the first second it
exits. this is handled by the player which just retries the rendering
(that's the flickering).

> A few days ago I got MediaPlayer working, but video and sound
> had a delay of about 10-12 seconds!
hm, that's strange. i tried the elecard upd player a few days ago and it
had perfect sync (at least for a few minutes before it crashed)

> So if the timeout of dvbpl is only 3 seconds, there can't be
> got syncronization ever.
>
> I think the too short syncornizstion-timeout is the problem that
> with DVB-s cards some channels are not working.
>
> Markus (developer of dvbpl):
> Could you please set the timeout for syncronization up to ~15 seconds?
i don't believe that this would help. i'll check this.

> > > (I have done:
> > > export DVBVL_DEST="224.0.1.2"
> > > export DVBVL_PORT="5004"
> > > /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth1
> > > before I started vdr and streaming.)
> >
> > I don't know about this, I don't use it. But I think it makes sense to use
> > export DVBVL_PORT="5002" (not 5004), since this is the port you try
> > to read from on the client. Have you tried with out the exports and the
> > route?
>
> OK, I set DVBVL_PORT="5002" now.
the environment vars debvl_port and _dest are not used any more. they
are hardcoded in the "config.c" now. i did this because the patch
handles up to four channels now and didn't want to blow up the env too
much.

i played a little with libmpeg2 in the last days and managed to
demux/decode a stream on winxp, but it's far to slow at the moment (on
windows, on linux it should be dast enough, because as far as i know,
mplayer uses the same lib for decoding). does anybody have an idea how
to use the accelerated code in libmpeg2 on windows?

with best regards,
markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index