[vdr] Re: Feature request on streaming patch

I also think, that this is a good idea. I am using vdr now since 1 year and i
have the same problem with my  low power machine (400 K6II).

As i know mplayer about to develop or already has a rtp streaming input.

The VIDEOONLAN project is only able to stream mpeg1 streams on the LAN and
does not provide a built in transcode of divx to Mpeg / rtp.

I am not sure if thr transcode project will provide a rtp out in the future.

The only thing is that i am not able to program because of missing knowledge.
:-(

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 06:48, you wrote:
> Any comments about ?
>
> Paul Lacatus wrote:
> >    I think that it will be nice to make the VDR not only to send a rtp
> > stream but to receive one and play it on a full featured card TV out.
> >
> > Motivation :
> >
> >    My VDR machine , like the ones of many others I presume ( mine is a
> > 300a celeron) , has no enough brain power to play divx over dvb with
> > mplayer. Since is more comfortable to watch a movie on a TV set than
> > on the monitor, even on 19'' monitor,  I think that on other most
> > powerful machine on my LAN I'll do the transcoding from divx to mpeg2
> > and send the data by rtp and watch the stream on TV over VDR .
> >
> >    Wouldn't be nice like that ? With subtitles too..... :-)
> > Paul

Home | Main Index | Thread Index