[vdr] Re: OSD and DEBUG_OSD together?

Hi,

>I look for an solution for an better external display. I have an very old
>laptop, an it would be good to have its display
>as an much bigger replacement for lcdproc. With DEBUG_OSD it looks very
>nice, but the 'real' OSD is gone.
>After patching the sources finally I found the problem (I think) around
>the
>different color definitions of courses and the dvb card.
>I've tried to make both displays work, but with no success.  Are there any

>hints? Other solutions?
>Thanks & Bye
>Jürgen

maybe this: http://df-gp.sourceforge.net/ can help because they have
patched VDR to display the OSD over Direkt-FB. I think there is no need for
displaying the whole Videostream but only the OSD so there is no problem
with locking the sync frequencies. ( i hope)

Here is the text from the author's:

"VDR's OSD
VDR is using the DVB-card for showing its OSD. Because we have the
VGA-screen now, it's of course better to have the OSD also on VGA.

For this reason I derived a class dfbosd from the dvbosd class. Only one
member function and the constructor/destructor have to be implemented.

The impotant member function is the Cmd member. This member funtion is
responsible for sending information to the DVB-card. In dfbosd this funtion
is changed that it sends the information into a pipe.

When df-gp starts VDR it creates a pipe at first. The file descriptor
number is put as an environment variable into the environment space. Then
VDR is started.

Inside VDR the dfbosd class attaches itself onto this file descriptor
number. All OSD related information are send to this pipe.

Because the signature of Cmd is not changed, all the other methods don't
have to be changed.

On df-gp's side. The data are decoded and corresponding actions are
performed.

Because the OSD lifes in a 720x576 non quadratic pixel world it has to be
scaled into the resolution used by df-gp. This is done by using DirectFb's
StretchBlit function.

Every window gets it's screen window and a corresponding rawSurface. The
bitmap from vdr is painted into the rawSurface, which has the size of the
window as it was created by VDR. This rawSurface is then StretchBlited into
the screen surface, which may have a completely different resolution."

found on there homepage. Hope this help's.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index