[vdr] Re: vdr / change MaxVideoFileSize > 2000MB

Am Fre, 2002-07-12 um 09.48 schrieb Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M:
> IIRC there is one unused byte per 8 byte entry in the index.vdr anyway.
> But I dislike solution like that and would like to reiterate my previous
> qustion:
>
> What's the advantage of having large file support over the current situation
> ???

1.) You only have to handle one file - what many proggies do. If you
have several files, you need scripts -> Lack's with automation.

2.) Syncing problems by A/V-differences. Many programs - like Mplayer -
can't handle file-switching with PES correctly. So you have nice flashes
and distortions when switching to next file ...

4.) Additionally concatenations need performance (taking a VDR-recording
on Air as file with Apache works fluently, but when using a script with
"cat" you get a nice photo-show - but no fluent film anymore!
(Celeron1100, 768 MByte RAM, no other processes active)

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index