[vdr] Re: SV: Re: SV: ca.conf

Tomas Prybil wrote:

> ok but that doesn't work for me :(
> could someone please explain the nitty gritty bits of this or point me out
> to the relevant part of teh source?
>
> how would a viaccess entry look like?

You should define the value with the name of the provider, not the
encryption method.

I would suggest the following entry in 'ca.conf':

-------------------------------
# Viaccess

301 xxxxxx
-------------------------------

where xxxxxx should be the name of your provider.

> who sets the numbering plan of the ca.conf entrys?

You can write anything you want into 'ca.conf'. However, if you want this to
go into the official version of VDR you should contact me before adding a new
entry.

> i tried to enter a new line with something like 201 Viaccess

Didn't you see that 201 is already in use?

> and put the
> corresponding value in the prpoer column of channels.conf but all i get is
> an "Could not start Transfer mode" error message in my log.

You also need to tell VDR (through the Setup/CICAM menu) which DVB card provides
which decryption method.

Klaus