[vdr] timeshifting without a second DVB-board

Hello,

I found out that a simple timeshifting can be realised during an actual
recording by opening the *.vdr-file during recording simultaniously in the
mplayer. It seems that my hardware (Athlon 800, 512MB RAM, geforce2mx400)
isn't under high stress, xosview shows a CPU-load of approximately 40 %.

Could someone tell me why, as a standard solution for timeshifting, the use of
a second (low budget) DVB-board is proposed (the low-budget DVB for
recording, the mpeg2-chip-board for viewing)  ? Is it because everybody wants
to use low end (i.e. old) PCs for use as a vdr-Box ?

Greetings
			Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index