[vdr] Re: REceiving problem with hauppauge dvb-s Rev.1.3

On Sonntag, 14. Juli 2002 00:27 Ulrich Gierschner wrote :

> Since some days I think I have some receiving Problems with my Hauppauge
> dvb-s Card (rev.1.3).
> I am using vdr :  when I tune in some channel, e.g.  SFB, the picture
> appears at once but as long as the OSD appears, no, or no clear audio is
> played. When the OSD disappears audio glitches and squeezes and sometimes
> it works fine, but normaly you can't listen to that audio stream....
>
> The Antenna is fine, another card is working fine too. So I think it is a
> problem to the card ... it was nearly one year powered on continously, but
> beeing blown by a fan all the time (without dust with the help of a filter)
>
> What do you think : Is the tuner or the DAC buggy ? And how can I test it ?

Now I got the Sp/DIF stream from JP2  and tested It seprately . It is as
squeezing as it was with the Onboard DAC...
Now I think the tuner is buggy ... All voltages are present (5 V, 30 V for
tuning) But since I have no scope at home I cant say anything about the
signal/voltage quality.

Does anyone has some similar problems ? Where can I get a new Tuner Module
for this card ? (It is a very complete tuner ... with direkt Mpeg2PS Output,
no analogue at all ...)

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Bis denn,